Lil' Gem's Place

Monday, March 13, 2006

The song tagging thing

Well, I have finally chosen my 7 songs but I will tell you it wasn't easy and I'm not even sure if these songs are my ultimate favourites because it is an impossible task really because I have soooooo many favourite songs but here goes...

1) 'Heaven' which is originally by Bryan Adams but I love the acoustic version by DJ Sammy- it's such a lush and romantic song and I'm trying to learn the piano bit at the moment. It also reminds me of my first youth holiday cos we played it in our caravan at full blast every night when we were getting ready!

2) 'All These things that I've done' by The Killers- such a good song, my favourite bit is the bridge where it goes 'Ive got soul but I'm not a soldier' and then these choir people come in on the background and it builds up and it's just amazing. I actually love every single song on their album but this is my favourite.

3) 'Paint the silence' by South- I don't actually know who this band is but I know I like this song. I found it on The OC soundtrack and I love The OC so maybe that influenced it.

4) 'Buck Rogers' by Feeder- such a cool rock out song! I love shouting out the words- love it!

5) 'Better than life' by Hillsongs United- I knew one of Hillsongs United songs would be on my list but I found it really hard to choose which one. I ended up with this one because it was one of the first I heard and it's on my baptism CD which Rach made for all of us so it reminds me of that time.

6) 'FNT' by Semisonic- again I don't actually know other stuff from this band but it's from my '10 Things I hate about you' soundtrack (a film from my top four) and it's so cool and everytime I hear it I think of the film.

7) 'More than fine' by Switchfoot- this is just one of the songs by them that I can never get enough of. I love listening to the whole album. Another youth holiday memory which was the one just gone and me and Nami wanted it on all the time but we were with the dancer girls who liked R'n'B so there was always a music battle going on!

This list could go on for sure, 7 is just not enough!

People I'm tagging...
anyone and everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger TommyDB said…

    Man. 7 just isn't enough.

    The soft remix of Heaven by DJ Sammy is so much better than the original.

    And 'I got soul, but I'm not a soldier' is one of my favourite lines in a song ever. It's definitely the most catchy melody ever!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Timmay!! said…

    I really like the trance version of 'heaven', it really rocks. i thought that was by dj sammy but i dont know. not sure if ive heard the acoustic version. the original was a bit gooey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home